Tuition and Financial Aid

feature-photo-transitionTuition for 2017-2018 academic year is $32,500.
In most cases, tuition is tax deductible as a medical expense. Please see information below and consult with your tax consultant.

At Center School we are very aware of the challenges and sacrifices it takes to provide your child with the education he or she needs.  We work hard to raise funds for scholarship through individual, foundation and corporate donations.

The tuition assistance program at Center School is need-based and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or religion.  Awards are determined annually, yet in most cases the level of support remains steady unless a family’s income has increased or decreased significantly from the prior year.

We use a company called FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition, a division of Independent School Management) to assess financial need.  Applications for assistance are made on their secure website and all supporting documentation is submitted to FAST – not to Center School.

Download instructions.

Click on the FAST icon below to get started.

For more information please contact Lisa Steiert, Director of Finance and Operations, at or call 215.657.2200.


Information about tax deductibility of special education as a medical expense:

1. Excerpt from IRS Publication 502, Medical and Dental Expenses:

Special Education
You can include in medical expenses fees you pay on a doctor’s recommendation for a child’s tutoring by a teacher who is specially trained and qualified to work with children who have learning disabilities caused by mental or physical impairments, including nervous system disorders. You can include in medical expenses the cost (tuition, meals, and lodging) of attending a school that furnishes special education to help a child to overcome learning dis-abilities. A doctor must recommend that the child attend the school. Overcoming the learning disabilities must be a principal reason for attending the school, and any ordinary education received must be incidental to the special education provided. Special education includes:

– Teaching Braille to a visually impaired person,
– Teaching lip reading to a hearing disabled person, or
– Giving remedial language training to correct a condition caused by a birth defect.

Please check with your personal tax advisor or preparer for eligibility.

2. Article from Journal of Accountancy: